WI vs PAK LIVE Score: West Indies in big trouble as Nauman Ali removes Jermaine Blackwood – WI 107/5 (49 ov) – Follow LIVE updates – Day 5 of Test cricket could not be better set up than what it will be for the West Indies vs Pakistan 2nd Test. Shaheen Afridi’s super 6 wicket haul gave Pakistan a great chance to level the series 1-1. The hosts need 280 runs on the final day while Pakistan can go on to win the match by taking 9 wickets. All eyes will be on Carlos Braithwaite and Alzaari Joseph if West Indies are to save the Test match even if they fell short of the target. Earlier on action-packed Day 4, after shooting out West Indies for 150 in the 1st innings – Pakistan set 328 runs target for the hosts. At the close of play, West Indies were 49/1 – still 280 runs behind to set exciting day 5 – Follow Pakistan vs West Indies Day 5 LIVE Updates on InsideSport.co and LIVE streaming FanCode
- Kraigg Brathwaite cuts it for a boundary
- Two slips and a silly mid-off for Nauman Ali in the final over before lunch
- And umpires decide to let Pakistan bowl one more over
- Last over before lunch will be bowled by Afridi
- Wicket maiden for Nauman Ali
- Wicket! Nauman Ali strikes, removes Blackwood
- Very crucial partnership between these two now, 100 up for West Indies
- Maiden over for Afridi
- WI captain and vice-captain are building a much important partnership. Can Afridi break it?
- Shaheen Afridi back in attack
- Nauman Ali plays a beautiful cover drive for a boundary against Nauman Ali
- Drinks Break
- Nauman starts with a maiden over
- Nauman Ali is into attack, just the 2nd over for him in the match
- Loud appeal by Abbas against Blackwood but its too high
- Blackwood hits Abbas for a boundary
- Mohammad Abbas is back into the attack
- Jermaine Blackwood comes to the crease
- Wicket! Hasan Ali dismiss Chase, Superb catch by Imran Butt in the slips
- Kraigg Brathwaite hits a boundary to end maiden over cycle
- Faheem Ashraf comes into attack
- Drinks Break
- Fourth maiden for Pakistan
- Three maidens in a row for Pakistan after the wicket
- Roston Chase comes out to bat at number 5
- Wicket! Hasan Ali strikes in the first over of the bay to remove Bonner
- Laud appeal for LBW by Ali against Nkrumah Bonner
- Hasan Ali back in attack
- Nkrumah Bonner comes to the crease
- Wicket! Afridi removes Joseph on 17. Short pitch ball by Afridi, massive top-edge by the batsman and a brilliant catch by wicketkeeper
Shaheen Shah Afridi strikes early 🔥
West Indies lose Alzarri Joseph for 17.
— ICC (@ICC) August 24, 2021
- Alzarri Joseph looking comfortable at the crease
- Mohammad Abbas has not looked effective with the old ball
- Shaheen Afridi and Hasan Ali will be key in the last innings for WI
- A draw will do for the host as they are already 1-0 up in the series.
- Kraigg Brathwaite need to play a captain’s innings today to help West Indies win the game and series
- Night Watchmen Alzarri Joseph is looking to score quick runs
107/5 (49 ov)
West Indies 49 for 1 (Brathwaite 17*, Joseph 8*) trail Pakistan 302 for 9 dec & 107 for 3 (Butt 37, Abid 29, Brathwaite 1-8) by 280 runs
WI vs PAK LIVE Score: Shaheen Afridi puts Pakistan in driver seat, on final day West Indies need 280 to win, PAK 9 Wickets, follow live updates
WI vs PAK LIVE Score – If Fawad Alam was Pakistan’s star on Day 3 of the test, Shaheen Afridi was the man of the day on Day 4. Afridi lit up the contest with a career-best six-wicket haul in the first innings, cleaning up West Indies over in a little more than a session.
It allowed Pakistan a lead of 152 in the 1st innings.
Pakistan just batted for 28 overs in 2nd Innings and scored 176/6 to set 328 runs target for the home team.
W.I vs PAK LIVE: Pakistan 2nd Innings – 176/6 Declare
WI vs PAK LIVE: West Indies 1st Innings 150/10
WI vs PAK LIVE Score – Fawad Alam Century: Earlier on Day 3 Fawad Alam’s 124-run unbeaten knock ensured that Pakistan post a challenging total in the first innings. He without any doubts was the man of the day for Pakistan as he once again made a mockery of his decade-long exclusion from the national side with his fourth hundred this year.
Alam’s century was followed by a superb opening spell by Shaheen Afridi and Faheem Ashraf. The duo removed the top three of the West Indies batting order & brought life back to the match badly impacted by rain.
WI vs PAK LIVE – Rain Impact: All three sessions on Day 2 of the second Test between West Indies and Pakistan were washed out
For more sports news and WI vs PAK LIVE updates, follow us at insidesport.co